Skip to main content
Market Place
Market Place
1960:early 1960
Archives
Not market day. Looking north, Market Hall is on right. Distant black & white building is Bennetts opticians, on left is Stuarts Surplus Stores then the warehouse for market traders. Beyond is Fents shop, and a butchers owned by Rogersons. The Bulls Head and a Bank are on the corner. Adverts displayed are for Guinness, Black & Greens tea and Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Below the adverts is start of Mealhouse Brow, which leads to Hillgate and Underbank.
Title:
Market Place
Date of work:
1960:early 1960
Reference number:
STOCKPORTIMG\1375
Level of description:
Item
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Available to buy: Y
Topics:
Contributors:
H. Lees (Photographer)
Language:
English
Record number:
8788006
0