Skip to main content
Congregational Church - Hazel Grove
Congregational Church - Hazel Grove
1971:June 17, 1971
Archives
The second Congregational Chapel was opened in 1883 on Commercial Road next to Albion Mill at a cost of over £3000. It replaced the old Ebenezer Chapel further up the road on Short Street. This magnificent building (along with Albion Mill) was demolished in 1984 to make way for Kwik Save (now Aldi's) and, here, Iceland - now M&S Foods supermarkets. The Ebenezer Chapel was also demolished to be replaced with the new United Reformed Church.
Title:
Congregational Church - Hazel Grove
Date of work:
1971:June 17, 1971
Reference number:
STOCKPORTIMG\1179
Level of description:
Item
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
Copyright applies
General notes:
Available to buy: N
Topics:
Contributors:
Stockport Advertiser (Photographer)
Language:
English
Record number:
8787610
0